The 3rd June show is affiliated to the BSPS and all classes are held in accordance with the 2018 Rule & Show Handbook and all persons entering, competing, showing or otherwise taking part in BSPS classes, whether or not members of the BSPS are subject to the Constitution and Rules of the BSPS including the disciplinary procedures and shall be deemed to have consented to the jurisdiction of the BSPS. Any pony taking part in classes judged under BSPS Rules will be liable to dope testing.
This show is a qualifier for the BSPS Summer Championships to be held at the Arena UK, Grantham. 1st & 2nd Prize winners will qualify in classes 16 and 17. 1st – 4th prize winners will qualify in class 12 & 15 provided the animal is owned, registered and ridden by a BSPS member or in accordance with the BSPS rules 23 & 28. 1st prize money will be offered in each of the qualifying classes. 1st = £5, 2nd = £3, 3rd = £2, 4th = £2. 1st Prize money will only be offered in the above qualifying classes if more than 6 entries.
The B.S.P.S. Challenge
All summer qualifying shows that are affiliated to the B.S.P.S. are qualifiers for the “The B.S.P.S. Challenge”. Animals may qualify for both the B.S.P.S. Blue Riband of the Year and the B.S.P.S. Challenge. Ponies must not have qualified for the 2018 Horse of The Year Show. – Animals must have qualified for the Challenge by attending any B.S.P.S. affiliated Shows and competed in the appropriate class. Ponies must not have qualified for the 2018 Horse of the Year Show. If a pony qualifies for the Horse of the Year show it will forfeit it’s qualification for THE B.S.P.S. CHALLENGE.
Open Leading Rein and First Ridden, Open Show Ponies, Nursery Stakes, Open Working Hunter Ponies, Open Lead Rein of Hunter Type, Open Show Hunter Ponies, Open Intermediate SH. SRT and WH and Open Heritage Lead Rein, First Ridden, Ridden and WHP classes.
THE B.S.P.S. PREMIER LEAGUE
The qualification for the “B.S.P.S. Premier League” will be awarded to the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th placed ponies in the following Open classes that are not qualifiers for the R.I.H.S., H.O.Y.S. or OLYMPIA at BSPS Affiliated shows, and 1st to 4th in a Mixed Height Open Class, (See also Rule 452a) In the following classes:- Lead Rein and First Ridden,128cms., 138cms. and 148cms. Show Pony, Lead Rein Hunter Type, 122cms., 133cms., 143cms. and 153cms. Show Hunter Pony, Cradle and Nursery Stakes, 133cms., 143cms. and 153cms. Working Hunter Pony, Intermediate Show Riding, Show Hunter and Working Hunter classes and Open Heritage Lead Rein, First Ridden, Ridden and WHP classes. The final will be held at the B.S.P.S. Summer Championships Show.
THE B.S.P.S. CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
The Champion in each of the following sections at all B.S.P.S. Affiliated Summer Qualifying Shows will qualify for the final of the Champion of Champions at the Summer Championships Show:- The Mini Show Pony Champion, the Mini WHP Champion, the Open Show Pony Champion, the Open SHP Champion, the Open WHP/WH Champion, the Open Intermediate Champion. In Mixed height classes the first prize winner will qualify.
THE HERITAGE WOW FACTOR
Open to ponies that have been placed First in Heritage affiliated Open/Restricted classes during the Winter and Summer seasons to qualify for the “winner of winners” at the B.S.P.S. Summer Championship show. In Mixed height classes the first prize winner will qualify.
BSPS BEST RIDER
The Best Rider in each of the following classes at all B.S.P.S. Affiliated Summer qualifying Shows will be awarded a Best Rider Card and qualify for the final at the Summer Championships Show: Open Lead Rein, Open First Ridden, Open 128cms. 138cms. and 148cms. Show Ponies, Open Lead Rein Hunter Type, Open 122cms. 133cms. 143cms. and 153cms. Show Hunter Ponies, Open Cradle and Nursery Stakes, Open 133cms. 143cms. and 153cms. Working Hunter Ponies, Open Intermediate SRT., SH., and WH classes.
Open Heritage Lead Rein and First Ridden classes. Open Heritage Ridden and WHP classes also to riders who have not attained their 25th birthday before 1st. January in the current year in the Heritage Ridden and WHP.
JUDGE: – Mrs Lyndsey Birtwell
The following qualifiers are incorporated into the classes within the schedule (Class numbers in bold):
7. BSPS/HERITAGE M & M Large Breeds– Stallion, Mare or Gelding. Rider any age. See BSPS rule 317 & 318 regarding the ages of riders for stallions.
8. BSPS/HERITAGE M & M Small Breeds– Stallion, Mare or Gelding. Rider any age. See BSPS rule 317 & 318 regarding the ages of riders for stallions.
CHAMPIONSHIP – 1st & 2nd from class 7 and 8
10. BSPS/HERITAGE M & M Lead Rein– Ponies not to exceed 122cms, riders not to have attained their 9th birthday before the 1st January in current year. To be shown in a snaffle bridle with the lead rein attached to the nose band.
11. BSPS/HERITAGE M & M First Ridden– Mare or Gelding. Ponies not to exceeding 128cms, riders not to have attained their 12th birthday before the 1st January in current year. Can be shown in any suitable bridle.
MINI CHAMPIONSHIP – 1st & 2nd from class 10 and 11.
Judge: Mrs Hannah Littler
12. BSPS Show Hunter Pony not exceeding 153cms mare or gelding. Rider to be correct age for height of pony. For ponies not exceeding 122cms riders not to have attained their 12th birthday in the current year. For ponies exceeding 122cms but not exceeding 133cms riders not to have attained their 14th birthday by 1st January of the current year. For ponies exceeding 133cms but not exceeding 143cms rider not to have attained their 17th birthday by 1st January of the current year. For ponies exceeding 143cms and not exceeding 153cms rider not to have attained 20th birthday before 1st January of the current year. The 1st p/w to qualify for the BSPS Champion of Champions.
15. BSPS Show Pony not exceeding 148cms. Rider must be correct age for the height of pony. For ponies not exceeding 128cms riders not to have attained their 13th birthday before 1st January IN the current year. For ponies exceeding 128cms and not exceeding 138cms riders not to have attained their 15th birthday before 1st January IN the current year, for ponies exceeding 138cms but not exceeding 148cms riders not to have attained their 17th birthday before 1st January IN the current year. The 1st p/w will qualify for the B.S.P.S. Champion of Champions.
16. BSPS Lead Rein Pony Mare or gelding 4 years old or over, not to exceed 122cms. Rider not to have had 8th birthday by 1st January IN current year. Snaffle bridles only, lead rein to be attached to the nose band.
17. BSPS First Ridden Pony Mare or gelding 4 year old or over not to exceeding 122cms. Rider not to have had 10th birthday by 1st January in current year. Snaffle bridle only.
MINI CHAMPIONSHIP – 1st & 2nd from class 16 & 17. The champion will qualify for the B.S.P.S. CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
JUDGE: Mrs Valerie Hodget
61. BSPS/HERITAGE M & M Working Hunter Pony – Mixed height class will start with 122cms and ponies must jump in their correct height section. See Rule book 367. All eligible to return for the final phase. Rider any age. Registered ponies, 4 year old or over.
62. BSPS WHP/WH– Mare or Gelding, 4 year old or over not exceeding 158cm. Riders must jump in their correct height section and must be correct age for the height of their animal they ride. Riders may ride more than one pony competitively providing the animals are of a different height section. Riders may ride up to two ponies of the same height in a class but ONLY the first pony to jump will be competitive and go through to phase 2 (see rule 39).
THE 1ST PRIZE WINNER FROM CLASS 62 WILL QUALIFY FOR THE B.S.P.S CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS.
This show is a qualifier for the B.S.P.S. 2B Summer Supreme to be held at the BSPS Area 2B Summer Show on 2018. Further details are available from www.bspsarea2b.com