Facebook posts relating to the club have recently been brought to our attention. The committee feels that in light of this, Ribble Valley Riding Club will implement the following Social Media Policy, which all members and their representatives are required to adhere to. Ribble Valley Riding Club acknowledges the importance of the Internet and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, home web-pages, chat rooms, BBM and all other forms of electronic communication and the role which social media plays in the day to day lives of members. This policy note is to remind members that the Rules of Ribble Valley Riding Club apply to members when using social media and the Internet. Failure to adhere to this policy note could lead to disciplinary action being taken against a member.
- You should be aware that Ribble Valley Riding Club may from time to time carry out internet Searches to identify postings which include references to Ribble Valley Riding Club and its members.
- You must not post or transmit any material which could damage the name or reputation of Ribble Valley Riding Club, its members or former members, or its representatives, or which is derogatory to the character of or prejudicial to the interests of Ribble Valley Riding Club.
- You must not post or transmit any material relating to Ribble Valley Riding Club, members or former members or their horses or ponies, or which could otherwise be associated with or which may reasonably be attributed as coming from Ribble Valley Riding Club.
- You must not post or transmit and material relating to Ribble Valley Riding Club that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, in amatory, blasphemous, in breach of conﬁdence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance, distress or inconvenience; or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be in breach of Ribble Valley Riding Club rules, or constitutes a criminal offence, or which could give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the laws of, or infringe the rights of any third party in, the UK or any other country in the world.
- Any breach of this policy may constitute a breach of Ribble Valley Riding Club Rules and could also lead to civil and/or criminal proceedings being brought against you.
Please remember that this is YOUR club. The committee can only run on the feedback that it directly receives from its members. However, please ensure that you are sharing these suggestions in a suitable and appropriate way directly to a committee member so that the committee can address and resolve any issues that you may have. The committee appreciates your cooperation.